Animals, Chimeras and other Demons: Iconography in Oaxacan Art
It is the artistic cultural project that presents and explores the origins of the creation of the Oaxacan art myth.
This project is made up of:
- A selection of art, carefully selected, we present the most representative art of Oaxaca with the most representative exponents of the current art of Oaxaca.
- Conferences given by experts in the field where each deepens the themes of iconography
- Myths of the Oaxacan art: It talks about the beginnings of the artistic boom of Oaxaca,
- Zapotec Cosmovision, through a talk about the origins of pre-Hispanics who have made animals a fetish of painting. There is talk about the Tonnas, Nahuales and the Alebrijes terms deeply rooted in the culture of Oaxaca
- Ceramics and Animals one of the
- Traditional clothing and the use of iconography in the traditional textiles of the different Oaxacan communities
This project has a very interesting projection for art professionals, teaching institutes etc